Polocorp is an integrated land development company with over 40 years experience in the Kitchener-Waterloo community. As a family run company, Polocorp understands how the urban form can impact the community and is committed to building lasting communities for people and their families.
Company: Polocorp Inc.
Deadline: September 24, 2021
Polocorp is an integrated land development company focused on building communities. For over 40 years, Polocorp has been part of the Kitchener-Waterloo community. As a family-built company, we understand how the urban form can impact a community. Polocorp is committed to building lasting communities for people and their families.
Polocorp is seeking a creative Intermediate/Senior Planner, with a strong inclination for design, to join our planning and urban design team. The core function of this position is to work in support of the firm’s provision of professional consulting services to a wide variety of public and private sector clients. The intermediate planner shall work both individually and within the multi-disciplinary structure of the firm – support to Polocorp projects with a focus on project coordination and communication with clients, the production of project materials and project file organization and maintenance.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties will include but are not limited to:
- Cooperatively undertake daily activities within a team reporting structure that includes: Urban Planners, Project Managers, Senior Project Managers, Associates, Partners and outside Engineering, Architects, Heritage Planners, etc.;
- Client communication and coordination;
- Preparation and writing of reports for planning applications (including planning justification, opinion letters, urban design briefs, and urban design guidelines);
- Be willing to travel to work on assignments in Southwestern Ontario;
- Proposal writing and coordination in response to municipal RFPs and private sector clients;
- Research and preparation of due diligence reports;
- Preparation and coordination of a full range of planning applications;
- Engagement and presentation to clients, and/or for public and Council meetings;
- Assist in the preparation and organization of OLT hearing material and presenting evidence at OLT hearings;
- Manage the scheduling and coordination of meetings;
- Attend relevant seminars participate in OPPI functions and be involved in local municipal/regional, or any committees related to planning or the promotion of Polocorp.
- Intermediate planners will be required acquire their work from their interactions/contacts and well as assisted by Polocorp. A Senior planner will be required to acquire most of their work through their interactions/contacts and well as minorly assisted by Polocorp.
- A degree in land use planning, urban design and have achieved the academic requirements for membership as a Register Professional Planner in the Province of Ontario in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute and/or the Canadian Institute of Planners;
- Any other planning or related accreditation is an asset;
- Class “G” driver’s license;
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience for an Intermediate Planner, Minimum 15+ years for a Senior Planner;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrated, excellent, written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, or other related planning software an asset;
- Strong organization and coordination skills.
SUBMISSION OF YOUR APPLICATION
Starting salary and other compensation will be determined by the level of seniority you have within the planning field. Starting salary of will be competitive for your field and experience.
Professional references are required.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.