Polocorp is an integrated land development company with over 40 years experience in the Kitchener-Waterloo community. As a family run company, Polocorp understands how the urban form can impact the community and is committed to building lasting communities for people and their families.
Company: Polocorp Inc.
Deadline: March 1, 2020
Polocorp is an integrated land development company focused on building communities. For over 40 years, Polocorp has been part of the Kitchener-Waterloo community. As a family-built company, we understand how the urban form can impact a community. Polocorp is committed to building lasting communities for people and their families.
Polocorp is also a professional consulting and design firm providing urban design, land use planning and project management expertise for a select clientele.
Polocorp is seeking a creative Intermediate Planner, with a strong inclination for design, to join our planning and urban design team. The Intermediate Planner position is responsible to provide Polocorp professional consulting services for its own landholdings as well as to provide planning services for a wide variety of public and private sector clients. The Intermediate Planner shall work both individually and within the multi-disciplinary structure of the firm, support to Polocorp projects with a focus on project coordination and communication with clients, the production of project materials, the production of project materials, and project file organization and maintenance. The position has the potential of evolving into a senior project manager role.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties will include but are not limited to:
- Undertake daily activities within a team reporting structure that includes: Urban Planners, Project Managers, Senior Project Managers, Associates, Partners and outside Engineering, Architects, Heritage Planners, etc.;
- Client communication and coordination;
- Communication and coordination with various staff members on reports, drawings, CAD, etc.
- Preparation and writing of reports for planning applications (including planning justification, opinion letters, urban design briefs, and urban design guidelines);
- Be willing to travel to work on assignments in Southwestern Ontario;
- Proposal writing and coordination in response to municipal RFPs and private sector clients;
- Research and preparation of due diligence reports;
- Attend conferences, seminars, or other outside events to promote Polocorp or make contacts with other colleagues.
- Engagement and presentation to clients, and/or for public and Council meetings;
- Assist in the preparation and organization of LPAT hearing material and presenting evidence at LPAT hearings;
- Manage the scheduling and coordination of meetings;
- A graduate degree in land use planning, urban design and have achieved the academic requirements for membership as a Register Professional Planner in the Province of Ontario in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute and/or the Canadian Institute of Planners;
- Class “G” driver’s license;
- A Minimum of 3-5 years experience;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrated, excellent, written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint;
- Proficient knowledge in CAD
- Knowledge of Sketchup or Proficient in the Adobe Suite (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) or other 3D software an asset;
- Strong organization and coordination skills for projects.
Will be based upon relevant experience.
SUBMISSION OF YOUR APPLICATION
Qualified applicants are invited to send a cover letter, resume, portfolio, and writing samples in confidence to:
Professional references are required.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.